Location: Glencoe, MN (Need local to MN only)
Duration: 6 months
Potential for remote on occasion but not initially.
Provide the Project Management expertise required to lead and successfully deliver medium to large sized Information Technology system efforts.
Experience directing and managing medium to large sized application process or infrastructure projects. Within the six basic processes of Project Management (leading, defining, planning, organizing, controlling, closing) the responsibilities include:
· Analysis of business problems, system needs and user requirements. Evaluation of potential solutions; where appropriate, manage vendor evaluation and selection effort. Development (or review) of the project plan including scope, objectives, risks, deliverables and cost benefit analysis. Present to results to Approval Board readiness throughout project life.
· Planning and development of a work breakdown structure (WBS) including effort estimation for all activities, tasks, and resources. Determination of contingency factor based on analysis of risk and project dependencies. Management to timeline and milestones via actual capture, reporting and analysis. Control and approve change to WBS.
· Staff management of technical resources including determining resource requirements, direction and facilitation, resource and task scheduling, performance monitoring and problem-solving.
· Calculation and management of project costs and budget. Expense and capital project creation and reporting. Monitor project spending.
· Control of critical project deliverables including formal change control of configurable items or those items which may affect scope, cost, delivery date or quality. Assure issue and defect identification and resolution.
· Lead, coach and educate end-user project staff (including the manager) as needed through the activities, deliverables and risks of a systems project.
· Leadership and communication skills must be superior and include the ability to influence large and varied groups of people--internal, contract, IT, end-user. Negotiation, issue identification and conflict resolution competencies are assumed.
· Strong risk assessment skills, excellent change control discipline.
· Solid and current knowledge of IT industry trends particularly in the areas of application and infrastructure architectures.
· Experienced using project management methodology and system development life cycles
EDUCATION AND TRAINING SECTION
1. Significant experience (5+ years) leading multiple medium to large size systems projects. Several years prior experience as a senior systems analyst.
2. A degree or certification in a related field is desirable.