Location: Columbus, OH (Need locals or nearby)
Duration: 12 Months+
Onsite face to face interview is a must after 2 Skype / phone rounds.
Please reply me back on my email id "Rahulmodak@stglobaltech.com"
A DevOps Consultant is needed to fulfill a contract role with our Columbus, Ohio client. The position will manage environment and tools for a large development shop. He or she is responsible for learning development methodology and trends to anticipate and support developer needs. The consultant will develop tools and processes that allow staff to operate development, test, and production systems efficiently.
· Support automation of the flow of configuration changes through the different environments
· Provide coordination support for getting new releases of development tools to developers without disruption.
· Document new processes and keep existing documentation and tools up to date as the environment changes
· Work effectively with others on the team as well as across project and organizational boundaries to accomplish shared objectives
· Attend daily standup meetings to provide status updates
· Support the development process and software configuration
· Triage and support production, test, load and development issues.
· Help with the deployment and configuration of services in support of the development teams
· Learn development methodology and trends to anticipate and support developer needs
· Proficiency with any of the following tools and technologies is a plus:
· Cloud or VMware UNIX/LINUX system administration Nexus, Maven JIRA, Confluence, Stash Operational experience with HADOOP/Solr applications
· Experience working with development teams or in a DevOps role.
· High-quality standards and attention to detail
· Works well in a highly collaborative environment
· Possesses good written and verbal communication skills
· Verifiable skills with the following tools and technologies:
· UNIX tools and Shell script development
· Java Services
· Access Servers (Apache, Tomcat)
· Application Servers
· Jenkins or similar build tools
· Experience operating a large scale distributed Linux application